Are you an entrepreneurial and exceptionally driven FMCG specialist passionate about growing business, building strong relationships and performing in a challenging environment? This is an exceptional opportunity where you’ll play a key role in growing shaping the development of a young, dynamic healthy food company.
As the Business Developer, you will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and winning business in major grocery multiples as well as independent deli stores, health stores and coffee shops across the UK. You will build upon existing relationships, as well as identify and grow new sales opportunities.
This is a full-time role based in London with travel outside of London and occasional weekend work required. You will report directly to the CEO, help develop sales strategy and meet sales targets.
- Identify sales opportunities, forge and develop relationships to enable continued rapid growth of all Erbology product lines
- Manage, track and expand existing customer database and sales pipeline
- Lead all aspects of sales execution and excel at negotiations
- Monitor and analyse sales cross channels and products
- Identify and track customer needs for development of future products and improvement of existing offer
- Together with the marketing manager, manage the promotional spend and develop retail marketing plans ensuring they integrate with the company’s strategy
- Meet sales targets
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years experience selling FMCG/grocery products into UK retail channels and an expansive network of clients where you have sold in the past
- Proven track record of effectively growing business and developing relationships that impact company performance
- Results driven and action orientated approach with understanding of the core needs of account management
- Outstanding negotiation skills backed up with a grasp of category and product management
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent multitasking and organisational skills combined with attention to detail and high-level outcomes
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, CRM tools and other technology solutions for driving sales
- Proactive attitude and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements and minimal guidance
- Display strategic thinking and passion for health and wellness sector
- Startup experience is a plus
If you have the ability and track record to meet the challenges for this role, please send your CV and a brief explanation why you'd like to join our team.